[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN to host panel in Nairobi

SM sm at resistor.net
Mon Aug 25 11:27:18 SAST 2014

Hi Becky,
At 22:42 24-08-2014, Rebecca Wanjiku wrote:
>ICANN set to host a panel that doesn't address the issues affecting the region

I read the following:

   "First, that IANA website can be a maze."

Are you referring to the ICANN or IANA web site in that comment?  I
went to the web site and I found a link on the main page about the "Root Zone".

   "It is no contest that when it comes to tech, Africa adopts last.
    That is why the domain name business is still lagging behind."

A few months ago, I did a comparison of the domain cost and I found
that it was six times cheaper to get a gTLD.  Wouldn't that be a
better explanation about why the domain name business is still lagging behind?

Regards,
-sm