[AfrICANN-discuss] Tools for Localization of Content

Oarabile Mudongo mudongo.oarabile at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:05:30 SAST 2014

Dear AfriNIC members

I have been following lots of discussions ongoing in this group and i must
admit that my knowledge has been nourished up to this far. I am from
Botswana in SADC region, an open policy advocate for issues regarding
internet governance. I think as far as now i have appreciated the growth
of  Africa in the transformational role communications technologies are
playing in advancing this prosperous continent.

Following after an AfriNIC discussion meeting which i fully participated at
the ICANN50 meeting in London, i have a few questions i would like someone
to help me understand. As we all know "Africa" is a multilingual continent
therefore what are the current initiatives/programs run by AfriNIC to help
support the issue of localization of content to ensure that all
stakeholders (Governments, Civil Societies etc) have access to information
relating to Internet Governance or any other related issue?. I am asking
this because i am passionate about Software localization (been working for
almost 3 years now on voluntary projects with WMF and Mozilla Foundations)
and whiling to help in this area more especially in my region.

Thanks! and looking forward to an open discussion and hearing your thoughts.

Warm Regards!
--

*Oarabile Mudongo*

*Mozilla Foundation | Mozilla Rep*
*WikimediaFoundation | Community Liaison*
*Botswana, Gaborone*
*+26774899486 | +26774131307*
http://tn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
https://reps.mozilla.org/