[AfrICANN-discuss] Subscription to myICANN.org / S'inscrire sur myICANN.org

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Thu Oct 17 10:43:23 SAST 2013

Is someone threatening you with bodily harm unless you use myICANN?

So, if you don't like it, don't use it.

el

on 2013-10-17 10:17 SM said the following:
> At 00:45 17-10-2013, Yaovi Atohoun wrote:
>> What is myICANN.org?
>>
>> myICANN makes it easy to find specific, timely information about
>> developments throughout the ICANN community. By aggregating
>> publications from across the community, organizing them into related
>> topic groupings, and sending out updates by email, myICANN helps
>> people stay updated about new developments without having to
>> repeatedly hunt across hundreds of websites to see what's changed.
>
>   'The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers' ("ICANN")
>    respects the protection and privacy of personal information.'
>
> What follows below does not match the above sentence.
>
>   "While most browsers are set to accept cookies and other tracking devices
>    by default, Users are always free to decline cookies if the browser
> permits,
>    however this may affect the Site or User service working properly."
>
>   "User acknowledges the use of such tracking devices ... and hereby
> consents
>    to having such tracking devices stored on the User's computing devices."
>
>   "By using our Site or giving ICANN personal information online, the
> User is
>    directly transferring personal information and non-identifiable
> information
>    to ICANN in the United States and may also be transferred and
> processed in
>    other countries where our staff or service providers are located. The
>    United States and such other countries may not have the same level of
> data
>    protection as the User's jurisdiction."
>
>   "ICANN DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OR
>    COMPROMISE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. USERS ARE ADVISED THAT THEY
> SUBMIT
>    SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THEIR OWN RISK."
>
> Regards,
> -sm

PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/