[AfrICANN-discuss] Subscription to myICANN.org / S'inscrire sur myICANN.org

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Thu Oct 17 10:56:22 SAST 2013

Notwithstanding the absence of any physical persuasion ...

you said ...

 >> At 00:45 17-10-2013, Yaovi Atohoun wrote:

"What follows below does not match the above sentence"

Actually you are entirely wrong.

It PRECISELY matches the above sentence. This is the European Union
mandated cookie warning.

Never mind the fact that most people don't know the implications of
accepting cookies, and just do it blindly (just like most people never
read the terms of contracts they agree to) but the European requirement
for such a declaration (which is in some EU directive or other) is
DESIGNED to respect Article 8 of the fundmental rights (Right to privacy
and security of correspondence).

What's really interesting in this, is that ICANN, unusually, seems to
feel it has to obey European law.

Maybe it will start doing so respecting WHOIS data as well soon?