[AfrICANN-discuss] Subscription to myICANN.org / S'inscrire sur myICANN.org

SM sm at resistor.net
Thu Oct 17 10:17:02 SAST 2013

At 00:45 17-10-2013, Yaovi Atohoun wrote:
>What is myICANN.org?
>
>myICANN makes it easy to find specific, timely information about
>developments throughout the ICANN community. By aggregating
>publications from across the community, organizing them into related
>topic groupings, and sending out updates by email, myICANN helps
>people stay updated about new developments without having to
>repeatedly hunt across hundreds of websites to see what's changed.

   'The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers' ("ICANN")
    respects the protection and privacy of personal information.'

What follows below does not match the above sentence.

   "While most browsers are set to accept cookies and other tracking devices
    by default, Users are always free to decline cookies if the
browser permits,
    however this may affect the Site or User service working properly."

   "User acknowledges the use of such tracking devices ... and hereby consents
    to having such tracking devices stored on the User's computing devices."

   "By using our Site or giving ICANN personal information online, the User is
    directly transferring personal information and non-identifiable information
    to ICANN in the United States and may also be transferred and processed in
    other countries where our staff or service providers are located. The
    United States and such other countries may not have the same level of data
    protection as the User's jurisdiction."

   "ICANN DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS OR USE OR
    COMPROMISE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. USERS ARE ADVISED THAT THEY SUBMIT
    SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT THEIR OWN RISK."

Regards,
-sm