[AfrICANN-discuss] Smart Infrastructure: Transform Africa 2013

Dr Eberhard Lisse el at lisse.NA
Thu Nov 7 16:36:24 SAST 2013

Adiel,

The way I understood it was that the emphasis was not so much on the
what and where, which is very interesting but also on workload in
relation to staff complement.

If I was wrong in my understanding, than I put the question myself :-)-O
How much time does a single allocation transaction take and how many
staff members are dealing with that?

This is separate from the capacity building.

The page referred by you returns empty in Chrome, Safari and Firefox,
by the way

el

on 2013-11-07 16:11 Adiel Akplogan said the following:
> Hello El, I thought the original question was about AFRINIC stats
> related to what is been about number resources
> allocations/assignments?
>
>> "maybe they can get some statistics out on how many IP numbers
>> are distributed, where, etc."  …
>
> Which is what McTim answer to.
>
> Anyway, if you are looking for transaction stats you may also look
> at:
>
> http://afrinic.net/en/services/statistics/rt-stats
>
> Thanks.
>
> - a. On 2013-11-07, at 18:00 PM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <el at lisse.NA>
> wrote:
>
>> Unless I am mistaken, it shows allocations by number (/32), ie
>> distrution.
>>
>> It does not, however, show the number of transactions
>> (allocations) processed (in a given timeframe), ie the actual
>> workload (which is the same whether you allocate a /24 or a /1).
>>
>> That would be QI, wouldn't it?
>>
>> el
>>
>> on 2013-11-07 15:28 McTim said the following:
>>> Hi Ben,

>>> They actually have the smallest staff of any RIR, but they do
>>> have data available on IP address distribution.  These
>>> presentations are given at every meeting.  Data can be found
>>> on http://afrinic.net/en/services/statistics
[...]

PO Box 8421             \     /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/