[AfrICANN-discuss] Smart Infrastructure: Transform Africa 2013

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:41:13 SAST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:
> Adiel,
>
> The way I understood it was that the emphasis was not so much on the
> what and where, which is very interesting but also on workload in
> relation to staff complement.
>
> If I was wrong in my understanding, than I put the question myself :-)-O
> How much time does a single allocation transaction take and how many
> staff members are dealing with that?

In my previous experience as a RIR hostmaster, I can say that this
varies greatly depending upon the cooperation level of the folks
applying.  Some folks apply to become an LIR (to get an allocation)
and then once asked some follow up questions regarding admin/paperwork
never reply, or take months to reply, so this metric, by itself won't
be useful.

--
Cheers,

McTim