[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: [africs-ig] Africa report

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed May 29 01:54:55 SAST 2013

Greetings fellow lucky Africans!

I find this action very interesting and encouraging.

I for one have the intention, capacity (intelligence) and time-space to
work on such Report. Please count me in this since I believe that the
Report or anything we do should be ours, for and from us. The Costing is
another dimension at the moment since no one has $£$$ to through around -
charity begins from .. the Heart or Home...? Who else can write your
report/story better than you?

Who do I need to contact on this please?

That is all for now on this until then

Yassin

On 28 May 2013 20:54, Brian Munyao Longwe <blongwe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Monsieur Adiel,
>
> The most costly aspect in such scenario is not the $$ but the hrs ...
> Especially the hrs(time) needed from the people who have real, solid
> knowledge and experience to bring...
>
> Chicken and egg?
>
> $$$ for hrs?
>
> Sorry, I do not have an answer...
>
> Nnenna is being very gracious (God bless her), where are the others who
> have "headspace" to offer?
>

> On Tuesday, May 28, 2013, Mawaki Chango wrote:
>
>> Great point, Adiel! A wiki sounds a feasible solution... I suspect the
>> maintenance (with updated information) might prove more of a challenge than
>> the initial launch. Anyway, this would start with a good design effort in
>> order to be able to cover all foreseeable pertinent data entries. I leave
>> others also to react to the idea and share their experiences, especially
>> those who may have been involved in similar efforts.
>>
>> mc
>>

>> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Adiel Akplogan <adiel at afrinic.net>wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Good to engage Regional bodies and all to do the data collection and
>> dissemination work with certain scope. But I'm asking myself what
>> (resource) does it take for this group to setup a small DB and wiki to
>> start collecting just the data as suggested by Nenna to start with? Can
>> this community join effort in start building a simple repository like that
>> for its own usage? How much $$ do we really need? Just wondering …
>>
>> - a.
>> On 2013-05-28, at 16:51 PM, Poncelet Ileleji <pileleji at ymca.gm> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Colleagues,
>>
>> Personally I think we should start using the regional bodies, like
>> ECOWAS, the East African Commission etc, for such kind of documentation
>> that is really required, all these regional outfits should be able to have
>> a focal  policy unit focusing ICT and their regional ICT ecosystem to do
>> this, then a body like NEPAD can be able to gather such information and
>> validate it for all.
>>
>> I know their is a long way to go but we can start somewhere, but its the
>> way forward I think
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Poncelet
>>

>> On 28 May 2013 11:36, Nnenna Nwakanma <nnenna75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1.
>>
>> The research and strenous  "academic"  work, though, does not seem to be
>> in line with what those organisations "especially in Africa" do.
>> I have read 2-3 pagers but I may be wrong.
>>
>> On another note, ITU is more of a member-country kind of engagement
>> still.  Which basically gives little or no influence to these other "sector
>> members"
>>
>> But whichever way, anybody can document and disseminate such
>> documentation. We MUST begin somewhere..
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Nnenna
>>

>> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Dandjinou Pierre <pdandjinou at gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone, 5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce, Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*