[AfrICANN-discuss] Withdrawal of UMMAH TLD application

Katim S. Touray kaamt at yahoo.com
Mon May 27 10:44:08 SAST 2013

Dear all,

This is to inform you that our UMMAH TLD application was withdrawn last Thurs. (May 23).

As you might know, we did not succeed in getting financial support from ICANN. Our request for reconsideration was also turned down, as indicated on the ICANN Web site (http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/governance/reconsideration - please scroll down to Reconsideration 13-1: Ummah Digital, Ltd.). We also were not able to get enough support for our request to be retained in the program instead of being removed from further consideration per the rules in the Financial Assistance Handbook, so we had not choice but to withdraw our application.
So I thought I should write to you to inform you of the withdrawal of our application, and express my thanks to all of you for your support.

Have a great week, and best wishes!
Sincerely,
Katim