[AfrICANN-discuss] Management of African ccTLDs: Panne du .td?

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Tue Sep 18 21:05:16 SAST 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 19:08 +0100, Adamou Nacer wrote:
> Hi,
> Le 18/09/2012 16:57, Mark Elkins a écrit :
>
> > I thought that official technical contacts could more or less update the
> > IANA database in real-time (which is the impression I got from a Kim
> > Davies presentation a few years ago).
> Is this confirmed?

I e-mailed Kim Davies - who looks after such things. He replied after
about 15 minutes. (ie - he is reachable and responds quickly).

I quote from Kim (the answer to my question above):

    It is not real-time, but the processing is more or less
    "straight through" if a change request is submitted, passes
    all of the technical checks, and is consented to by the
    contacts for the TLD.

From this, I read that a change should not take days.

So are the appropriate people from Chad going to attend AfriNIC-17 in
Sudan (late November) where various training courses and quality
presentations are freely available along with access to a bunch of
bright people. Its not AfTLD, but many people there wear multiple hats.