[AfrICANN-discuss] Management of African ccTLDs: Panne du .td?

Dr Paulos Nyirenda paulos at sdnp.org.mw
Tue Sep 18 12:23:09 SAST 2012

We got a report of this issue at .td at the AFTLD Annual Meeting in Livingstone, Zambia
in July 2012 and many of us have attempted to get in touch with .td without much success.

What may also be noted is that it seems that there have been not complaints or reports
from within Chad. It hence seems necessary to ask whether this is a problem for the
Internet community within Chad. Are there "significantly interested parties" in this
issue within Chad?

We have also tried to contact those that seem to have been running the secondary DNS
services, not much luck there either - no one replies to the addresses in the SOA, even
from servers on .fr - so why were they chosen to run secondary DNS services?

The FOIWG of the ccNSO is discussing what may be interpretted as "substantial
misbehaviour" of a ccTLD manager and the conditions that must exist for them to be
interpretted as adequate for IANA intervention as stipulated in RFC1591. Are we there yet
for this case?

Regards,

Paulos
Dr Paulos B Nyirenda