[AfrICANN-discuss] Management of African ccTLDs: Panne du .td?

Adamou Nacer adamou.nacer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 16:16:11 SAST 2012

Hi Dr Paulos,
I have spend the whole morning discussing about this issue with the
telecommunication regulator's representatives and the manager of the
primary nameservers at sotel (national telco).
So what happens is simple.
- Sotel was in contract with France Telecom which provided the IP
addresses they were using for the .td primary servers.
- That contract was suddenly stopped and then, France Telecom got back
its addresses.
- In the meantime, the guys managing the .td nameservers installed new
nameservers (with Sotel's owned IP addresses from AfriNIC) and were
supported by AfriNIC and Afnic which host secondary servers.The IANA's
database update process was started but is not completed till now. So
the sudden withdrawal of France Telecom's IP addresses combined with the
ongoing database update operation resulted in this situation.
As a summary, the main reason of this is lack of planning.

Regards