[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: It's like that in life, there are always bad players and bad losers!

Lerato lerato.ma at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 00:14:42 SAST 2012

" ICANN General Counsel and Board Governance
Committee's Conflict review, having been appraised of all the facts and details
of the various arms-length relationships many months before this
allegation "

You are trying to defend yourself by
saying that a review was done many months before which would be your Statement
of Interest that was declared in March 2012.  The point is that you have not told us if
there has been any Conflict Review following ICANN's receipt of DCA's letters,
and if there was the outcome of any such review.  So please, the issues raised is after the
fact.

If you think that the allegations are false, why are you not threatening to sue
DCA for defamation?, against the backdrop that you are legally trained.  The fact that you are not umbraged, and threatening to sue DCA shows that you are not quite confident nor comfortable with the
position you find yourself in regarding the Conflict of Interest matter.

I think you must simply take the
honourable path like the other conflicted Board Members, and fully adhere to
ICANN's Gold standard to be achieved regarding Conflict of Interest matters,
and this will be the end of the matter.

--Lerato Ma

>________________________________

    that a conflict "is clear" is not justified on any facts whatsoever,
    just Ms Ma's rather vague innuendo.

>What may be surprising to you is that the ICANN General Counsel and
    Board Governance Committee's Conflict review, having been appraised
    of all the facts and details of the various arms-length
    relationships many months before this allegation was raised (rather
    than Ms Ma's conjecture) also found no conflict.

>The question is legitimate. Casting aspersions and making false
    allegations is not.

>I will be most willing to engage with you (or anyone else not
    involved in false allegations) should you be interested.

>Regards
>
>Mike

                  Silber must resign from the ICANN's new gTLD Program
                  Committee.
>>Is there an ICANN rule to avoid this kind of
                  situation?

                            wrote:

> [...]
                            allegations...
                            checks the allegations and accepts that they
                            are true why should you favour UniForum?
                            Irrespective of the fact that you think that
                            the letters are so cloak and dagger, and
                            desperate, why should you condone the fact
                            that ICANN Board members that have
                            conflicting interests are going to sit down
                            in the new gTLD Program Committee to preside
                            over new gTLD decision-making?

                            actual truth.

                            forgets, now there appears to be a lot of
                            truth in that.

                            UniForum SA" - I have been unable to find
                            any evidence to support this claim.
                            and UniForum are completely separate
                            organisations.
                            African government via their Electronic
                            Communications and Transactions Act of 2002.
                            "In 18 May 2007, the Minister of
                            Communications published a public notice
                            officially giving .za DNA the full
                            assumption of management of .za in terms of
                            section 59 of the ECT Act)."
                            longer. I found "UniForum SA (originally
                            /usr/group/) in 1988. During 1995 UniForum
                            SA were delegated the responsibility of
                            administrating the co.za domain registry"

                            and manage the .za domain name space;"
                            that is why Mr. Chris Disspain company was
                            consulted... nothing to do with the new gTLD
                            process.

                            happening at Uniforum, they have applied for
                            the "africa" gTLD and perhaps due to their
                            size, are becoming the "South Africa Central
                            Registry (ZACR)". There is no suggestion
                            that one event is dependant on the other. It
                            also looks like the gTLD "africa" race
                            started before the ZACR change.

                            be on the outside of this ZACR (the actor)
                            change - which make governance sense.

                            goal and one party starts throwing mud at
                            the other - I tend to support the other. Go
                            read the subject line...