[AfrICANN-discuss] A technical issue with the AfriNIC survey?

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 17:19:14 SAST 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Dr Eberhard Lisse <el at lisse.na> wrote:

> As usual, utter nonsense!
>
> www.lisse.na.       3600 IN CNAME oshikoko.omadhina.co.na.
> www.omadhina.co.na. 3600 IN CNAME oshikoko.omadhina.co.na.
> www.na-nic.com.na.  3600 IN CNAME oshikoko.omadhina.co.na.
>
> All run on the VirtualHost directive in Apache and all on port 80.

Is there any part of the mail that indicated that virtualhosting was not
possible....are there any of the links you posted above running on nginx
for instance....have you confirmed from those that did the setup what the
form runs on OR you think every type web-service runs on port 80!

The thing is, even if you are making a point....your attitude makes your
point useless and not helpful at all!

> This is so basic that you don't even have to google it.
>
> el
>
> on 2012-10-11 15:49 SM said the following:
> > Hi Adamou,
> > At 06:11 11-10-2012, Adamou Nacer wrote:
> >> will this be different with many IPv4 addresses? I don't really
> >> understand the link between the two. This issue is about the port
> >> number,  not the IP address I think.
> >
> > If there's more than one web server, the company would either have to
> > assign an IPv4 address for each server or use a different port for each
> > web service which has to be accessible from the Internet.
> >
> > Regards,
> > -sm
>
> --
> Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse  \        / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
> el at lisse.NA el108-ARIN / *     |   Telephone: +264 81 124 6733 (cell)
> PO Box 8421             \     /   Please do NOT email to this address
> Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/        if it is DNS related in ANY way

*Seun Ojedeji,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
web:      http://www.fuoye.edu.ng