[AfrICANN-discuss] Internet regulation at national level?

Badru Ntege badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Fri Nov 2 10:24:35 SAST 2012

Thanks Pier

However I would rather we first summarize the discussions\threads to a near common position else the Webinar would become a vocal version of the list.   http://www.webopedia.com<http://www.webopedia.com/>  gives description of Webinar as  Short for Web-based seminar, a presentation, lecture, workshop or seminar that is transmitted over the Web<http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/W/World_Wide_Web.html>.

Which now leads to the execution of the webinar.

To get to the Webinar we need to put first things first.  Open discussion where views are shared and welcomed.  Where people are prepared to shift positions as a result of reflecting on the shared viewpoints and thus creating new ideas.  We need to value and celebrate the differences as opposed to opposition for the sake of opposition.

When we get to that mutual point then a webinar would add value.

We cannot have a valuable webinar with the long shopping list.

So

1)      Narrow down to a key issue

2)      Clearly outline the desired outcomes

3)      Share summarized background on topic

4)      Attend the webinar.
If I’m not mistaken that would be the better process.
But I’m still failing see how a webinar will provide more value than the current discussion list where issues are discussed deeply, and we are all given a chance to internalize then comment.

Regards