[AfrICANN-discuss] Help with .africa history

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:40:54 SAST 2012

It seems to be very quiet on this question...... can I make some noise
please?

I just want to say, "Fair Competition is what matters" - No to politics as
much as I like and respect the political dimension but not in ICANN
processes. It was decided that Politics and ICANN process should not share
the same room - it would not work properly - this was especially when some
ccTLDs weer having a rough time with authorities back home.

Some countries decided to have ICT Policies and Strategies approved by
their Parliaments - it was not easy to inform about the Public Good part of
the policies but Hey! there was again there....

That is how to work with Political Organs and Sovereign Bodies.... not
through this endless discussion which emanated from a straight forward
question from our Journalist who wished to write a 'Story'

In that case, better to postpone the 'Story' and write about about 'How
African Behaved on <.africa> gTLD application' Rebecca - you have a story
to write about - I think - because the focus is lost or the request was
provocative to get the truth of who we are! We are like hunters..?

Enough for noise from me for me for now

Kind regards

Yassin

On 30 July 2012 10:06, Kivuva <Kivuva at transworldafrica.com> wrote:

>> .Africa and .dotAfrica, although completely different strings from a
>> technical perspective, are undoubtedly confusingly similar to each other in
>> a legal context. It would be relatively easy to demonstrate this in
>> objection proceedings.
>>

> Since DCA have Uniforum are all competing for .africa, where does the
> confusing string come in?
>

>> Regards
>>

> --
> ______________________
> Mwendwa Kivuva (lordmwesh)
> For
> Business Development
> Transworld Computer Channels
> Cel: 0722402248
>
> twitter.com/lordmwesh
> www.transworldAfrica.com  | Fluent in computing
> kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know

*Independent Consultant*
c/o DFID-Sierra Leone
5 Off Spur Road, Wilberforce
Freetown,SIERRA LEONE
Skype: yassinmshana1, Mobile:+23276926697, Fax: (+232) 22235769
*Do You really NEED TO PRINT THIS?*
 * "The illiterates of the 21st century are not those who cannot read or*
* write** but those who cannot learn, relearn and unlearn" Alvin Toffler*