[AfrICANN-discuss] Towards mailing list version 2.0

Brian Munyao Longwe blongwe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 11:14:18 SAST 2012

I agree with Dr. Lisse, this list is intended for broad stakeholder
engagement on matter related to ICANN, Africa, the Internet and Internet
Governance in general. Policies/regulations/laws are not being made on this
list - nor is it's content subject to policies/regulations/laws. For that
reason going the route of imposing a mandatory S/MIME or PGP/GPG
requirement on every poster would be self-defeating.

Let us continue in the same spirit with which we have over the past 7-8 (?)
years that this list has been in existence. As with other similar lists, it
is usually assumed that one takes full responsibility for whatever they
post; anonymity and/or pseudonyms are frowned upon as they can be used as a
cover to engage in unsavoury conduct; and general etiquette is observed.

Regards,

Brian

  [image: logo]
*Brian Munyao Longwe*