Re: [AfrICANN-discuss] The Google campaign – An ITU view

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 05:13:16 SAST 2012

Hi again (before I go offline for the weekend)

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Lerato <lerato.ma at yahoo.com> wrote:
> If you see the matter as I do, that ICANN has asked that governmental
> and/or intergovernmental entities weigh in on new gTLDs that have a
> geographic scope, it is perfectly reasonable to have the AU involved.
>
> in light of the above I see zero abuse of trust, bad influencing, lies
> or manipulations coming from any of your opponents.
>

> That is what makes my point clear.  The governments cannot impose their will
> on a disqualified application

CAn you tell me exactly how they are disqualified?  I just don't
anything in the guidebook or their application that is disqualifying.

, that is if your eyes can see beyond
> government approvals, or are you also going to call the winner before the
> ICANN evaluation is over!

no, am happy to let the process run its course.  Its just that the
governmental approvals (for them) and the objections (against DCA)
seem to be very challenging for your bid.

--
Cheers,

McTim