[AfrICANN-discuss] DCA expresses commitment to work with African ccTLDs

badru.ntege at nftconsult.com badru.ntege at nftconsult.com
Sun Nov 20 00:15:01 SAST 2011

Members

Let's have the issues discussed without getting personal.  Ultimately it is the support of the community that will make the difference and not the acrimonious dialogue.

We want to work towards an inclusive african solution that is sustainable and developmental.  Over the last few years we have seen a number of entities tirelessly working towards building a sustainable inter connected africa through infrastructure and training. These entities have displayed a passion  and dedication  we can engage in this dialogue today partly as result of that work.  There is enough to do in the future.

At risk of being shot down I would suggest the new kids on the block seek out new areas of collaboration to help us connect the continent. I'm not convinced that besides being able to financially articulate the objectives they clearly understand the cultural and geopolitical interplays of this lovely continent of ours.

I suggest we have constructive dialogue less we burn bridges for the future.  I do believe besides the financial benefits all contenders have a need to give back, well acrimony tends to kill that.

My rant
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone from Zain Uganda