[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Nairobi meeting faces security hoops, double standards

Dr Yassin Mshana ymshana2003 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:29:08 SAST 2010

Hi there,

Let me say this: There is no measure for security or insecurity in any
city/town. Streetwise and confidence matters a great deal everywhere one
goes!

The Media is very powerful when it comes to instil confidence or otherwise.
There is general belief (I do) that independent journalists like RW inform
us the "Truth".

There were very few cities which were relatively secure than other - the
morality or rather moral values in the societies make the difference when it
comes to security.

Hodi! hodi! Nairobi .....!!!

Yassin

2010/1/20 McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com>

> SM,
>
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:
> > At 01:24 20-01-10, Rebecca Wanjiku wrote:
> >>
> >> www.wanjiku.co.ke
> >>
> >> have your say....
> >
> > About what? :-)
> >
> > It is too easy to bash ICANN about this.
>
> Agreed, I think it is a fairly cynical post.
>
> However, if what RW is reporting, that ICANN is insisting on the GoK
> paying for the Gala Dinner when in the past ICANN has paid for this is
> not reasonable (unless the BoD has decided that in future, hosts will
> pay for this event or something like that.)
>
> Having the meeting at UNEP instead of in the center of the city seems
> reasonable, but I have heard nothing to this effect.
>

> > The participants will be reading the above.  As you are the one on the
> > ground, you would know whether it reflects the facts.
>
> She knows first hand:
>  http://wanjiku.co.ke/eng/articles/main/oxm1261039656/
>

> --
> Cheers,