[AfrICANN-discuss] ICANN Nairobi meeting faces security hoops, double standards

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:24:08 SAST 2010

SM,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:09 PM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:
> At 01:24 20-01-10, Rebecca Wanjiku wrote:
>>
>> www.wanjiku.co.ke
>>
>> have your say....
>
> About what? :-)
>
> It is too easy to bash ICANN about this.

Agreed, I think it is a fairly cynical post.

However, if what RW is reporting, that ICANN is insisting on the GoK
paying for the Gala Dinner when in the past ICANN has paid for this is
not reasonable (unless the BoD has decided that in future, hosts will
pay for this event or something like that.)

Having the meeting at UNEP instead of in the center of the city seems
reasonable, but I have heard nothing to this effect.

> The participants will be reading the above.  As you are the one on the
> ground, you would know whether it reflects the facts.

She knows first hand:
 http://wanjiku.co.ke/eng/articles/main/oxm1261039656/

--
Cheers,