[AfrICANN-discuss] AfriNIC embraces Internet challenges in Africa

SM sm at resistor.net
Sat Feb 6 23:47:50 SAST 2010

At 23:21 05-02-10, McTim wrote:
>While recognising that we still have much to accomplish, I feel like
>our glass is (at least) half full, not half empty..

Yes.

Now let's tell a different story.  The photos might not fit the usual
concept of "developed" but they provide a refreshing glimpse of the region.

   (i)   The content is about the region.

   (ii)  The domain is registered through a company outside the region.

   (iii) The site is hosted outside the region

Sites in other regions also do (ii) and (iii).

  (i)   How does it affect ISPs?

  (ii)  How does it affect users?

  (iii) How does it affect the TLDs?

  (iv)  How does it affect IXPs?

What is the impact on the region?  Africa knows.

Regards,
-sm