[AfrICANN-discuss] Re: AfrICANN Digest, Vol 28, Issue 3

Katim S. Touray kaamt at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 12:00:51 SAST 2009

Dear all,

Here are a couple of suggestions to help move things along.  First, the NTIA Web site indicates that the comments have not been coming in a flood (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/comments/2009/dnstransition/index.html).  Furthermore, anyone (individual or group) can send their comments.

Second, I suggest someone draft a position (for any or all of the Afri* group, and maybe use Nii's suggestions as a starting point) and people can then discuss and finalize that for submission.  Please note that the deadline for the submission of comments is in a few days time, June 8, to be exact (http://www.ntia.doc.gov/press/2009/OIA_ICANNJPA_090427.html).  So Makane Faye's suggestion for a meeting in Addis in July or Sept. might not help here.  You might want to, in formulating your comments, use a format similar to that used by InternetNZ when they submitted their comments on the mid-term review of the JPA (http://www.internetnz.net.nz/issues/submissions/archive/2008/icann-jpa-sub/view).

I hope this helps.

Katim