[AfrICANN-discuss] On dot.africa

Abebe Mebrate abebemebrate at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 08:44:39 SAST 2007

  Dear All,

 First I would like to thank Eric, because he wrote part of my feeling. May be this is my first email to this group. Among all interesting emails in this list, dot Africa case creates some sort of misunderstanding.

 As my opinion, it's better if we work the proposal rather than the owner. In one way or the other the resource is for Africans.
    So, rather than reflecting personal ideas and killing our precious time let’s see the proposed structure, its contents, see its benefits to Africa, work on how to make business and make the service real soon.

  Regards,
  Abebe
  .

"Eric M.K Osiakwan" <emko at internetresearch.com.gh> wrote: As a rule of thumb, i think we should excercise decorum on the exchanges and we can still express our views without using foul language which really does not move us forward.

Back to the issue, i think we have all expressed interested in working on a consolidated proposal going forward which means that even if not on this list, those who have propsoal must consolidate in a mutual way and then get the communities involvement to ensure owership and equity.

Please, we as Africans must stop fighting among oursleves, otherwise the real enemy advances in laughter...whiles we mark time.

Eric here