[AfrICANN-discuss] on dots and cities

Christopher Wilkinson Christopher.wilkinson at skynet.be
Mon May 14 15:32:22 SAST 2007

Well, the two cases are not really comparable:

1.   << .LA>>, for Los Angeles, results from re-branding the pre-existing ccTLD for Laos. I presume that this is between the relevant Laos authorities and the Registlry.
        To the best of my knowledge, the question was never submitted to ICANN. Arguably it does not fall within ICANN's remit.

2.    Future <<.CITY>> TLDs would indeed have to go through the ICANN process, analagous to the decision for <<.CAT>>

Just a thought, and regards to you all,

CW