Search RPD Archives
Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by:

[rpd] Updated Proposal - AfriNIC Policy Compliance Dashboard AFPUB-2026-GEN-002-DRAFT02

Mark Elkins mark at posix.co.za
Fri Oct 2 07:57:52 UTC 2026


On 2026/10/02 08:22, Nonjabulo Sphilile wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
...
> The appendix includes outdated Whois information among the possible 
> dashboard checks. Consider a hypothetical implementation that flags a 
> record because it has not been edited for twelve months. That measures 
> the record’s age, not whether its contents are wrong. Information may 
> remain unchanged precisely because it remains accurate. Unless the 
> applicable policy requires periodic reconfirmation, turning that age 
> threshold into a compliance requirement would introduce an additional 
> obligation through software configuration.


If I do a 'whois posix.co.za' - it states whether the zone is DNSSEC 
signed or not.

If I do a 'whois 192.96.24.0' - there is no indication whether there is 
any (reverse) DNSSEC or not.

I'm a believer in DNSSEC... and I sign my reverse zones and I update 
that periodically. The rest of my number resource information is pretty 
static. Anyhow, if the DNSSEC updated info was taken into account, my 
reverse zones (Edited in the past 12 month - so up to date) would be 
fine. Perhaps a simple process of login, check the data, click an "I was 
here" button, would be sufficient?

> -- 
>
> Mark James ELKINS  -  Posix Systems - (South) Africa
> mje at posix.co.za       Tel: +27.826010496 <tel:+27826010496>
> For fast, reliable, low cost Internet in ZA: https://ftth.posix.co.za
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/attachments/20261002/45841919/attachment.html>


More information about the RPD mailing list