Search RPD Archives
Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by:

[rpd] Humble feature request for quarantined/cleaned up IP addresses

Loganaden Velvindron loganaden at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 10:15:33 UTC 2026


On Sat, 26 Sept 2026 at 12:23, Ben Roberts - AfriNIC
<ben.roberts at afrinic.net> wrote:
>
> Logan,
> It might be wrong to assume that all quarantined and returned space is contaminated. I’m sure that cyber threat blacklist companies have their own methods of determining address space with threats. I might be wrong to just ask to block all returned space (thus rendering it potentially useless to a future user who has been allocated the space).
>
> Is there a particular problem that you are trying to solve ?

The problem statement is quite simple: There is currently no dedicated
web page on AFRINIC website where
we can see the list of quarantine and/or recovered IPs. I would be
happy for AFRINIC to prove me wrong here.
This information is *very useful* for Cybersecurity threat Intel
providers, ISPs, and other blocklist operators
to remove IPs from blocklists.

ARIN has this: https://www.arin.net/resources/guide/ipv4/blocks_cleared/

I quote from ARIN web page:
"This page lists the addresses used to fulfill waiting list requests.
We encourage blocklist operators to use this data to remove
potentially stale reputation information based on activity by the
previous registrant."

I work very closely with Cybersecurity Threat Intel Providers. I'm
seeing a lot of automation happening in this space. If AFRINIC
provides a page similar
to the ARIN one, it would be easier for Cybersecurity Threat Intel
Providers to *reduce stale information* from their blocklists.

Is the problem statement clear Ben ?



More information about the RPD mailing list