Search RPD Archives
Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by:

[rpd] New draft policy proposal PPM Dates AFPUB-2026-GEN-003-DRAFT01

Andrew Alston aa at alstonnetworks.net
Wed Sep 16 05:57:30 UTC 2026


Hi RPD / RPD Chairs,

I oppose this policy.   While I believe that AfriNIC should endeavor to
ensure that meetings do not clash, the reality is that this is sometimes
unavoidable.  Furthermore, I stand to be corrected, but I am unsure if
other organisations have such a policy.  Embedding this in our policy
manual effectively relegates AfriNIC to second-class status compared to
other global organisations that do not have similar policies prohibiting
scheduling conflicts with AfriNIC.

Furthermore, there may be times when an emergency policy meeting needs to
be called to address an urgent issue, and this clause could pose a serious
problem in that scenario.

To repeat my stance above, I do not doubt the policy's intent, and while
clashes should obviously be avoided, but I do not believe that this should
be made a rule that restricts the PDP to the scheduling whims of other
organisations.

Thanks

Andrew




On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 6:49 PM Hytham El-Nakhal <hytham at tra.gov.eg> wrote:

> Dear PDWG,
>
>
> We have received a new draft policy proposal named PPM Dates with ID
> AFPUB-2026-GEN-003-DRAFT01 from author Jordi Palet.
>
>
> The proposal contents are published at: <
> https://afrinic.net/policy/proposals/afpub-2026-gen-001-draft01>
>
> https://www.afrinic.net/afpub-2026-gen-003-draft01
>
>
> We encourage you to take some time to go through the proposal contents and
> provide feedback as follows: -
>
> ?
>
> a) Do you support or oppose the proposal?
>
>
> b) If you oppose the proposal, state your reasons.
>
>
> c) Is there anything in the proposal that is not clear?
>
>
> d) What changes could be made to this proposal to make it more effective?
>
>
> Kindly, as a way for better following up and archiving, keep the name and
> proposal ID in the subject line of your posts.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Haitham el Nakhal & Darwin Da Costa
>
> AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chairs
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> RPD mailing list
> RPD at afrinic.net
> https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/attachments/20260916/c70ac696/attachment.html>


More information about the RPD mailing list