<div dir="ltr">Hi RPD / RPD Chairs,<div><br></div><div>I oppose this policy.   While I believe that AfriNIC should endeavor to ensure that meetings do not clash, the reality is that this is sometimes unavoidable.  Furthermore, I stand to be corrected, but I am unsure if other organisations have such a policy.  Embedding this in our policy manual effectively relegates AfriNIC to second-class status compared to other global organisations that do not have similar policies prohibiting scheduling conflicts with AfriNIC.</div><div><br></div><div>Furthermore, there may be times when an emergency policy meeting needs to be called to address an urgent issue, and this clause could pose a serious problem in that scenario.</div><div><br></div><div>To repeat my stance above, I do not doubt the policy's intent, and while clashes should obviously be avoided, but I do not believe that this should be made a rule that restricts the PDP to the scheduling whims of other organisations.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks</div><div><br></div><div>Andrew</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Sep 14, 2026 at 6:49 PM Hytham El-Nakhal <<a href="mailto:hytham@tra.gov.eg">hytham@tra.gov.eg</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">Dear PDWG,<br>
<br>
<br>
We have received a new draft policy proposal named PPM Dates with ID AFPUB-2026-GEN-003-DRAFT01 from author Jordi Palet.<br>
<br>
<br>
The proposal contents are published at: <<a href="https://afrinic.net/policy/proposals/afpub-2026-gen-001-draft01" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://afrinic.net/policy/proposals/afpub-2026-gen-001-draft01</a>><br>
<br>
<a href="https://www.afrinic.net/afpub-2026-gen-003-draft01" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://www.afrinic.net/afpub-2026-gen-003-draft01</a><br>
<br>
<br>
We encourage you to take some time to go through the proposal contents and provide feedback as follows: -<br>
<br>
?<br>
<br>
a) Do you support or oppose the proposal?<br>
<br>
<br>
b) If you oppose the proposal, state your reasons.<br>
<br>
<br>
c) Is there anything in the proposal that is not clear?<br>
<br>
<br>
d) What changes could be made to this proposal to make it more effective?<br>
<br>
<br>
Kindly, as a way for better following up and archiving, keep the name and proposal ID in the subject line of your posts.<br>
<br>
<br>
Regards,<br>
<br>
Haitham el Nakhal & Darwin Da Costa<br>
<br>
AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chairs<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
RPD mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:RPD@afrinic.net" target="_blank">RPD@afrinic.net</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.afrinic.net/mailman/listinfo/rpd</a><br>
</blockquote></div>