[rpd] A question for the PDWG

ALAIN AINA aalain at trstech.net
Fri May 27 13:15:19 UTC 2022

Hello,

Are we not mixing things now?

With the development in the Internet Number registry system, RFC2050 was de-facto obsolete and due to move to “historical”  as there was no need to keep documenting any best practices on this at IETF.

The debate on how this informational document replaced a BCP did happen https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7020/

As for the original concern from Fernando and any other issues we may want to fix or improve on the RIR system, shouldn't we have discussions within the numbers community and use the Global policy process as  prescribed by the ICANN bylaws (ASO) and the ICANN/NRO MoU on the ASO function?  ICP-2 was adopted through the global Policy approach.

Willing to enforce RFC1881 [ Another informational RFC.] on revocability, mediation and appeals? https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1881.html

Are we not looking for the better RIR accountability ? The latest RIR accountability review seems to have occurred in 2015. https://www.nro.net/accountability/rir-accountability/regional-internet-registry-accountability-assessment-reports/

HTH

—Alain