[rpd] Let us do the right thing

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Tue May 24 08:32:08 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,

Hope this email finds you in good health!

Please find my comments below, inline...

Le lun. 23 mai 2022 à 19:49, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

> On May 23, 2022, at 08:53 , Sylvain Baya <abscoco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear PDWG,
>
> Le lundi 23 mai 2022, ABDULKARIM OLOYEDE <oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng> a
> écrit :
>
>> [...]
>>

> No need, imho, see below please :-/
>

>> the legitimacy of the so called current cochairs. If they were
>> legitimate.  This would also mean asking the courts to determine if all
>> thier supposed actions and inactions are legitimate.
>>

> ...maybe this [1] bit of text could be of interest in
>  your described context :-/
>
> <paste>
> [...]
> 141. Validity of director’s acts
>
> The acts of a director shall be valid even
> though -
>
> (a) the director’s appointment was defective;
> or
> (b) the director is not qualified for appointment.
> [...]
> </paste>
> __
> [1]: sourced  from page 113 -
> <https://companies.govmu.org/Documents/legislation/
> 13sept2021/Companies%20Act%202021.pdf>
>

> A small point for your consideration, Sylvain…

Hi Owen,
Thanks for trying to help, brother :-)

> Co-chairs are not directors.

...you are right! i'm even also aware that:

(i) a PDWG's Chair is different to a/the BoD's Chair;

(ii) here we are dealing with PDWG's Chairs, except
for certain actions dedicated to the BoD, including:
  • call of the PPM
  • appointment of a RC (Recall Committee);
  • appointment of a AC (Appeal Committee);
  • ...
  • ratification of a DPP;
  • variation of the PDP.

(iii) the RPD (Resource Policy Discussion) mailing
 list is not the appropriate place to discuss the
"*validity* of director's Acts"

(iv) we are out of topic...

> The companies act is talking about members of the board here, not PDWG
> co-chairs.

Yes! the registered members...i mentionned the
scope and validity of responsibility, only because
 our brother was explicitely refering to them and
started to posit that the *validity* of action of
PDWG's Chairs *must* be questioned in MU's
Judiciary System...

...then i wanted to share the section of the  Company Act related to
*validity* of director's
Acts...for comparison :-)

> I believe that AK is talking about the PDWG co-chairs who are not subject
> of that bit of law you quoted above.

Your belief seems to be missing the context of
his very email, brother :-/

...and you know, i shared it, here, to add the
appropriate reference regarding *validity* acts";
as the MU's law seems to understand it...thinking
 about jurisprudence...
...expecting a reduction of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty
& Doubt)...

Hope this clarifies something.

Shalom,
--sb.

--

Best Regards !
baya.sylvain [AT cmNOG DOT cm] |cmNOG's Structure

*#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|‪#‎Romains15‬:33«*Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec
vous tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!*»‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau.
#Chrétiennement‬«*Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi
mon âme soupire après TOI, ô DIEU!*» (#Psaumes42:2)*

--

Best Regards !
__