[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Candidates Matrix

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Fri May 20 23:10:58 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,

Le jeudi 19 mai 2022, AFRINIC Policy Liaison <policy-liaison at afrinic.net> a
écrit :

> * Dear PDWG, *

Hi PLT (Policy Liaison Team),

> * We reached out to the nominators/seconders of the 4 nominees and have
> summarised the outcome in the table below.*

Thanks for that & please see my more comments
 below...

> * We now request the PDWG to move forward to shortlist and select their
> candidate for the PDWG Co-chair. *

...so, first step: shortlist

As i can observe, on the four nominees registered:

1| two nominations contain false assertions
2| all the box are checked for only one nominee
3| there are two self nominations
4| for one on the two self nominations no answers
have been entered into the form regarding
information about both nominator & seconder;
 hence no valid/invalid contact of any resource
member are available.
5| for the other one on the two self nominations,
informations about the nominator appear to be false, when no seconder have
been entered to
the form; hence: one invalid contact of
resource member is available.
6| there are two non-self nominations
7| of those two non-self nominations, one has
been done by a valid contact for a AfriNIC's
resource member for both the nominator and
its seconder.
8| for the other non-self nomination, both the
nominator & seconder provided appear to be
invalid contact for a AfriNIC's resource member.
9| the variable relative to the good standing
of resource member has meaningless values [1]
when no nick-handle has been provided.
10| the variable collecting the nick-handle contains
 a meaningless values when an invalid nick-handle
 has been provided [1].
__
[1]: to the attention of the PLT

...therefore, in applying the selection criteria, i'm
submiting, to the attention of the PDWG, the
following set of conclusions:

C1| due to observations 2| and 7| the nomination
of Darwin Da Costa is compliant with the published
selection criteria
C2| due to observation 4| the nomination of
Benjamin Mutemi Mutua is not compliant with the
 published selection criteria
C3| due to observations 1| and 5| the nomination
of Chuene Alfred Semeno is not compliant with
the published selection criteria
C4| due to observations 1| & 8| the nomination
of Prof. Nasir Faruk is not compliant with the published selection criteria
C5| Darwin Da Costa is the only valid volunteer
candidate to become a PDWG's Chair.
C6| all the other nominee are eliminated due to
the fact that their nominations have been
demonstrated as non-compliant to the published
selection criteria.

Suggestions to the PLT:

S1| due to observation 9| it's clear that the value is entered by the PLT,
after checked the status of the given resource member. But when there is no
resource member to check a status; the appropriate value should be: "N/A"
for "Not Applicable".
S2| due to observation 10| it seems as some
information have not been published, yet, by the
PLT. What's the reason? Remember that you have
 already published two available nick-handles;
then you must do the same to other provided
nick-handles event if they are false values.
S3| thanks once more :-)

Shalom,
--sb.

> *The CVs of the candidates will be published on the AFRINIC website
> shortly.  Kind Regards Policy Liaison Team  ________ *

[...]

--

Best Regards !