[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Candidates Matrix

Emem William dwizard65 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 14:57:43 UTC 2022

Dear AFRINIC Liaison and PDWG,
Having looked  at  the candidates, it seems to me here that two candidates
are above average but one candidate stands out clearly.  Prof. Nasir Faruk
has a technical background, First class degree  and became a Professor of
Telecommunications at the age of 37 (the Youngest Professor in Northern
Nigeria).  This is an incredible achievement. He was my lecturer and I
would say conscientiously, that he is an outstanding lecturer.  When it
comes to intelligence he belongs to the best one percent (1%).  He is
better than other candidates with a business background. He is also the
current Director of ICT, managing the entire ICT Unit of a University with
more than 15,000 students.

He has proven his intelligence in the past by winning the AFRINIC grant
after which he was also awarded AFRINIC's fellowship.
I have not spoken recently to him but I know he has participated in
numerous AFRINIC, ICANN and meetings of other RIR's. He has won numerous
awards in the past from outstanding lecturer, top outstanding
telecommunication personality of the year, Unilorin Best Researcher of the
year (with a brand new car to go with the award) to mention but a few. He
has won more research grants than any other lecturer in Nigerian University
and leads a research group with the largest database of spectrum occupancy
measurements in Africa. He is an outstanding researcher with over 100
publications in reputable journals and conferences around the world.

For me, he stands out clearly and I am sure he would bring his wealth of
experience to bear and also live above board because* he has a lot to lose
if he does otherwise*. This position, I believe, would just be another
subsection in his already loaded Curriculum Vitae.

AFRINIC deserves the best hands, and Professor Nasir Faruk will definitely
steer the course of the PDWG in the right direction for the betterment of
all.
Thank you!

--Best regards,
*Emem E. William. **OND (Computer Science), BSc (Telecommunication).*
Plan Control Manager (ISDP) at Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
Member of IEEE, ISOC
Member of Amnesty International.
Phone: (+234) 703 370 7621.