[rpd] AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chair Selection Timeframe

Arnaud AMELINA amelnaud at gmail.com
Wed May 11 19:33:28 UTC 2022

Le mer. 4 mai 2022 à 23:37, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> a écrit :

> > On May 2, 2022, at 16:44, Arnaud AMELINA <amelnaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Owen,
> > It is weird that you dismissed my claim on Kampala, but referred to what
> happened in Dakar and Nairobi where according to you the outcomes were in
> my favor.
>
> How or why is it weird? I’m pointing out that the precedent was
> established well before Kampala and you neglected to mention those earlier
> meetings.
>
> > Your forgot to mention  Lusaka, Tunisia, Gaborone. Etc. as we’ve been
> selecting cochairs by show of hands of participants in the room and the
> outcomes were probably in favor of somebody.
>
> I did not forget them, but I wasn’t at Gaborone, so cannot comment from
> experience. As to Lusaka and Tunisia, I don’t recall the phenomenon you
> described being at issue in either of those cases.
>
> > Your role and that of your employer in what happened in Kampala and what
> the PDP became post Kampala are in public domain.
>
> Yes, we were quite open about what we were doing in bringing in young IT
> students to help train them on Internet governance and get them involved in
> the process. We intended it to be public.
>
> This in contrast to the much less public domain importation of hair
> dressers and the like in Dakar and Nairobi where there was clearly no
> beneficial intent other than to drive some less than above board agenda.

Thanks for acknowledging how it happened in Kampala. The young IT  students
freshly trained on IG qualified to vote to select cochair for a RIR PDP and
followed your agenda as you admitted.

Let leave this to the WG participants to make their  own opinion…

The most curious thing for me at least is your insistance to continue with
a process which is broken, has shown  its limit, compromises the reputation
of the PDP and  divise  the  WG.

I refuse to be at fault…

I will just stop here…

--