[rpd] status of appeals submitted last January

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 17:10:08 UTC 2022

Dear PDWG,

Hope this email finds you in good health!
Please see my comments below, inline...

Le jeudi 21 avril 2022, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD <rpd at afrinic.net> a
écrit :

> Hi Chair,
>
> (copied my original email so the thread can be properly followed)
>
> Tks for your quick response. However ...
>
> Is not only an AC question. If they take a decision on the appeals (at
> least the one on the proposal that expires mid-may) in the next few days,
> will the Board be able to meet to ratify that proposal (in case the appeal
> fails)?

Hi Jordi,

You are doing a good follow-up, brother.
Thanks for you email.

> If the AC decision will be too late for the Board to ratify the policy
> proposal before expires, we must know it *in advance* as we must take
> decisions

How the PDWG could know it in advance? Or any one :-/
...and which decisions the PDWG must take?

Please clarify, brother.

>  before the timings will disallow taking actions before the next PPM (for
> example, if the option to publish a new version without changes is
> acceptable

OK! but you don't need a permission to do exactly this :-/

> - which may imply the agreement of the PDWG chairs - we can't miss also
> the relevant deadline before the PPM).

Jordi, i understand the timing problem you are
raising; but what can be done, right now?

> So, we definitively need a *very urgent* response from all the involved
> parties:
> - AC
> - Board
> - PDWG chairs

...i expect no addition from their comments. You
know the truth and you know how to fix the issue
you discovered...why do you want to set a preceding?

> - Staff (on the interpretation of the CPM timings on this case)

An "interpretation" for what purpose?

The running version (v1.6) of the CPM is clearly
lacking a policy to properly handle the issue you actually described very
precisely. There we are...
and it's fine that we have had the opportunity to finally discover it.
Sure, we are not perfect!

Time to fix, then?

...a Draft Policy Proposal (DPP) content could be something like the
following text:

<DPP_Formulation_for_the_CPM>
Notwithstanding the PDP and the normal lifecycle of a DPP, when the PDWG's
Appeal Committee confirms that a DPP is under an appeal; the counter
measuring the lifecycle of that DPP is automatically stopped. Its counter
is automatically released when the PDWG's AC publishes a final
determination about that appeal.
</DPP_Formulation_for_the_CPM>

...under CC0!

Shalom,