[rpd] Summary of Proposal AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy AFPUB-2020-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Mon Jan 10 20:06:27 UTC 2022

On Mon, 10 Jan 2022, 13:03 JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via RPD, <rpd at afrinic.net>
wrote:

> Exactly, not everybody in the WG was happy with this policy

We are not here to make you happy Jordi and you should know better by now!.

Proposals follow sound reason and not your emotions.

and observations of lack of reciprocity with the major donor RIR, I think
> it is a very valid objection so not to declare consensus.

There is reciprocity to other major RIR.

The proposals was never aimed or targeted at a specific donor RIR and no
proposal should.

NRO statistics show Intra-rir and also Inter-rir transfers across the RIR
system and the proposal aims at strategically getting the AFRINIC region on
board the train and follows a conservative approach for a reason.

Noah