[rpd] Summary of Proposal AFRINIC Number Resources Transfer Policy AFPUB-2020-GEN-006-DRAFT02

Sander Steffann sander at steffann.nl
Thu Jan 6 13:57:33 UTC 2022

Hi Jordi,

> That’s my point: When in other RIRs their realize that resources can go only RIR->AFRINIC direction and not reversed, do you think they will not change the policies to avoid that?

No, I think all the RIR communities have written their policies the way they are intentionally. I really don't like the way to try to scare the AFRINIC community into changing their policies. If other RIRs do change their policies because of this AFRINIC policy (which I highly doubt) then AFRINIC can decide what to do at that point.

Scare tactics are very inappropriate and show lack of respect for the African community. Please don't do that.

Cheers,
Sander