[rpd] Fwd: Concerning the current size of AFRINIC Staff of 51 and delays in ticket resolution

Kofi ANSA AKUFO kofi.ansa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:26:45 UTC 2021

Dear Members,

Not to sound sarcastic and negative but I believe the current AFRINIC staff
count of 51 (https://afrinic.net/staff) is too many. I would have expected
with this staff strength registry and resource request tickets would have
been dealt with in a rapid manner but it is taking over 2-3 days to get
feedback. Even worse is the lazy and email delay tactics adopted by
hostmasters.

I believe the staff should be reduced by 50%. Why cant a maximum of 25
staff handle the day to day activities of AFRINIC to reduce operational
costs. I am beginning to believe certain roles / posts have been created
for staff who would have otherwise become redundant but are being kept at
post.

My personal opinion though.