[rpd] Message from the PDWG Chairs post AFRINIC-33 Public Policy Meeting.

PDWG Chair dacostadarwin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 05:16:01 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

We would like to thank you for your collaboration to ensure the successful conclusion of the AFRINIC-33 Public Policy Meeting(PPM) held on 2-3 June 2021.

During this PPM, we led a presentation pertaining to rough consensus to create an awareness in the Working Group on the meaning of the consensus approach. 3 policy proposals were discussed with rough consensus declared on two and one was sent back to the rpd mailing list for further refinement and discussion. We have taken note of the 2 appeals that were filed for the two policies[1]. The outcome of the Appeal Committee is now awaited. We are also informed that AFRINIC has seen a very high number of appeals in the past 12 months as compared to the previous years.

For the first time, the minutes of the AFRINIC-33 PPM are also published here[2] in four languages. We hope that these minutes will be beneficial to those whose first language is not English and will encourage them to be fully engaged with the AFRINIC Policy Development Process.

During the AFRINIC-33 PPM, we as PDWG Chairs also facilitated a discussion with the PDWG in regard to the competing policy proposals that aim at updating the Policy Development Process, which is a policy and documented at Section 3 of the Consolidated Policy Manual. The PDWG did not express any objections to the improvement of the PDP during the discussions.

We would like to thank the authors of the 3 proposals who presented their text and this Working Group who discussed the way forward. We are hopeful that the Appeal Committee would have processed all the pending appeals by September 2021 to allow the authors to refine their proposals within the timelines stipulated in the Consolidated Policy Manual, where applicable.

Warm Regards,
AFRINIC PDWG Co-Chairs.

Reference:

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013338.html <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013338.html> & https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013337.html <https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2021/013337.html>
English - https://www.afrinic.net/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33 <https://www.afrinic.net/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33>
French - https://afrinic.net/fr/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33 <https://afrinic.net/fr/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33>
Arabic - https://afrinic.net/ar/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33 <https://afrinic.net/ar/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33>
Portuguese - https://afrinic.net/pt/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33 <https://afrinic.net/pt/policy/development-working-group/ppm-afrinic-33>