[rpd] [Community-Discuss] History Lesson -- Looting AFRINIC -- The Beginning

Paschal Ochang pascosoft at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:36:48 UTC 2021

On Monday, August 9, 2021, Sunday Folayan <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 6:24 PM Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

>>> Actually, that one is from the Bible. Proverbs 13:24.

>> Most of us resonated with the proverb which enforces a sense of

>> responsibility and accountability.

>> You are an aspiring "pontiff without borders".

>> I am not sure if you indulge yourself in history but I will remind us

>> about one of the greated statesmen of Africa the Late.Mwalimu Nyerere.

>> You see when Gen.Sani Abacha went hard on His.Excellence Olusegon

>> Obasanjo, It was Mwalimu Nyerere who intervened to help save Hon.Obasanjo

>> who went to later on lead NG through a transformation that we all pride

>> ourselves with today. Had Obasanjo not been freed from Prison, perhaps

>> things would have taken a different turn.

> This story is new to me. What I know is that Obasanjo was not freed from

> prison by Abacha based on any pressure. He ignored all. Abacha died with

> Obasanjo still in prison. Indeed, Yaradua, Obasanjo's deputy who was jailed

> along with him, died in prison. The new government freed Obasanjo as an

> appeasement to a Nation on edge.

Thank you Reverand (Elder States Man) for the clarification. I hope
Obasanjo does not get to hear that he was released by Abacha when it wasn't
true. Hahah

Back to AfriNIC, an inclusive community is a plus at any point in time. Let

> us cultivate and nurture all members, irrespective of our need for their

> support at any time. Disparage no one. Not Nigerians.

> My 2 Kobo.

Your 2Kobo has been well received and will be well spent using the parable
of the talents

--
Kind regards,

Paschal.