[rpd] [Community-Discuss] History Lesson -- Looting AFRINIC -- The Beginning

Sunday Folayan sfolayan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 06:59:22 UTC 2021

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 6:24 PM Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Aug 2021, 18:12 Sunday Folayan, <sfolayan at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ooh well, Reverand, I am sure you know our African saying that goes

>>> "Spare the rod, Spoil the Child".

>> Actually, that one is from the Bible. Proverbs 13:24.

> Most of us resonated with the proverb which enforces a sense of

> responsibility and accountability.

> You are an aspiring "pontiff without borders".

> I am not sure if you indulge yourself in history but I will remind us

> about one of the greated statesmen of Africa the Late.Mwalimu Nyerere.

> You see when Gen.Sani Abacha went hard on His.Excellence Olusegon

> Obasanjo, It was Mwalimu Nyerere who intervened to help save Hon.Obasanjo

> who went to later on lead NG through a transformation that we all pride

> ourselves with today. Had Obasanjo not been freed from Prison, perhaps

> things would have taken a different turn.

This story is new to me. What I know is that Obasanjo was not freed from
prison by Abacha based on any pressure. He ignored all. Abacha died with
Obasanjo still in prison. Indeed, Yaradua, Obasanjo's deputy who was jailed
along with him, died in prison. The new government freed Obasanjo as an
appeasement to a Nation on edge.

Back to AfriNIC, an inclusive community is a plus at any point in time. Let
us cultivate and nurture all members, irrespective of our need for their
support at any time. Disparage no one. Not Nigerians.

My 2 Kobo.

Sunday.