[rpd] [RPD] should the allocation/assigment of resources be made public?

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 10:43:38 UTC 2021

{add a volunteer; as in Cc:}
Dear PDWG,

Please see my comments below, inline...

Le sam. 31 juil. 2021 à 11:48 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via
Community-Discuss <community-discuss at afrinic.net> a écrit :

> Hi Sylvain,

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for you kick reaction, brother :-)

(subject changed and moved to RPD and we should follow the discussion there

> and not copy community, as it belongs to there)

...'community-discuss' removed!

I don’t think is so easy.

Being easy shouldn't be the only motivator :-/

It is very normal, even in open organizations, to keep confidentiality in

> many documents. It could be even ruled as illegal if you don’t accept that

> in the CPM, if we ground the CPM under Mauritius law, which is an open

> question. However, the CPM implementation is done by the AFRINIC as a

> Mauritius legally constituted organization …

...i agree, brother, this question could be
left to the Legal Team, through the IAR
(Impact Analysis Report)...it is also an
obligation to provide such information
to the PDWG; at least as states in CPM
section 3.4.0:

~°~
[...] AFRINIC shall also provide relevant facts and statistics
if requested during the discussion.
~°~

Remember that a justification for a resource request, can provide insights

> of a business plan and then you’re opening your business to your

> competitors.

...notwithstanding it, is appears that
there is actually a real problem to solve.

So the point is if we can draft something in the line of:

Thanks for this draft...

***

> (new section 3.3.4 “Publication of Information”)

> IPv4 resources are scarce and close to exhaustion. So, following the

> principles of openness, transparency and fairness as set above, after

Please considere to insert the following piece of text:

~°~
...completing any allocation process for
a Ressource Member, or an assignment
for an End User, the Staff has six months
to publish a set of comprehensive information related to the documentation
submitted to satisfy the need-based
condition, which MUST be vetted prior to
any distribution of INRs; to be used
within the AfriNIC's service region.
~°~

“n” years of every allocation/assignment of IPv4 resources, the

> justification of the request must be published.

...please remove all the above.

Towards that, the resource member will be warned 3 months before the

> publication with a draft of the summary to be published,. It will have up

> to 1 month, to provide a demonstration of reasons why some of the details

> can’t be made public (such as patents or similar), that show the uniqueness

> nature of the services offered which, if disclosed, could damage the

> resource member business. The staff will have 1 month to decide if that’s

> the case, and in doubt, they will escalate to the Board that must resolve

> in a maximum of 1 month.

> This policy shall be implemented in such way that all the resources

> allocated/assigned for over “n” years, will be chronologically warned in

> such way that allows the staff to process the possible responses of

> “non-disclosure” without requiring extra human resources.

> ***

> Now, we need to decide if this is good enough, and how many years for the

> “n”. 2 years maybe?

...no need to define that constant! imho.

I will love also to hear from legal counsel/Board and lawyers participating

> in the community, how they see it …

...i too! as for any other DPP :-)

I’m not even sure myself, this could work, but we could try.

...brother, i'm not sure that all DPPs which
appeared to be obvious ended up ratified :-)

Unless, someone propose a better solution, it's worth trying it, imho...

Thanks once more.

Shalom,
--sb.

Regards,

> Jordi

> @jordipalet

> Dear AfriNIC's Community,

> Please see my comments below, inline...

> Le mercredi 28 juillet 2021, Owen DeLong via Community-Discuss <

> community-discuss at afrinic.net> a écrit :

> > [...]

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)