[rpd] Fwd: PDWG Co-Chairs Recall Request

Ish Sookun ish at lsldigital.com
Thu Jul 29 11:21:13 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Thursday, 29 July 2021 01:50:31 +04 Lamiaa Chnayti wrote:

> I have recently sent a request to the Afrinic Board of Directors to recall

> the PDWG co-chairs, based on their recent actions on both the last policy

> meeting and the RPD list, that have proven their inability to effectively

> perform their duties to comply with the process and address the concerns

> expressed on certain policies.

Section 3.5.3 of the CPM states that anyone may request the recall of a
Working Group Chair and the request must be supported by at least five other
persons from the Working Group.

I believe this part is flawed. It is easy to get people join this mailing list
and send emails drafted by other people and try to influence the outcome of
this Working Group. The Recall Request should have required the support of
people who have attended the Public Policy Meetings. Putting face to the names
behind the email addresses could be a way of discouraging puppets (though not
eliminating it completely).

I was present at the AFRINIC-29 and I had asked PDWG Co-Chairs a question
about consensus. I was not satisfied with their answer and today when I see
how « people » can be influenced to support something which is detrimental for
AFRINIC and for the Internet in Africa, my doubt over this consensus
calculation is strengthened.

Regards,

Ish Sookun