[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jul 24 13:34:44 UTC 2021

Hi Ben

On Sat, 24 Jul 2021, 15:48 Ben Maddison, <benm at workonline.africa> wrote:

> Hi Noah,

> On 07/24, Noah wrote:

> > Hi Ben,

> > On Sat, 24 Jul 2021, 14:48 Ben Maddison via RPD, <rpd at afrinic.net>

> wrote:

> > > Scenario B:

> > > Same as scenario A + any existing ROAs for 154.73.32.0/22 are

> > > deleted, and replaced with one having asID: 0.

> > Precisely, however, the deletion is not automatic and ought to go

> through a

> > process.

> > What would you envision to be the most realistic and reasonable process

> > since this has been left to the TAL manager to determine.?

> If you are asking about the process for issuing AS0 ROAs for reclaimed

> resources (or previously allocated resources in general),

Oui...Ack.

I believe the

> only safe answer is "once consent has been given by the previous holder".

In which case, AFRINIC would have made sure that the de-registration from
the whois db of the said previous holder and the subsequent termination of
the RSA has already been completed through a reasonable process.

> This was the view I expressed originally, and recent events have

> convinced me that it is correct.

As things unfold seems to me that still absent the AS0 ROA policy, events
can still happen in case of dispute.

But for unallocated/unassigned bogons, it totally makes sense to mark them
with asid:0 at this point.

Cheers
Noah