[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Erick Joshua Lagon erick.joshua.lagon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 09:26:59 UTC 2021

Dear all,

Paul has made some points that can open a variety of intellectual
discussion. i just hope that the community and even AFRINIC can find these
points to be of utmost importance. Please address Paul’s points so that we
can facilitate a healthy discussion. Thank you!

Regards,
Erick

>>> wrote:

>>> This is exactly why the PDWG community must be very cautious of the

>>> resource transfer policy which was rushed through the Policy Development

>>> Process and wrongfully declared by former chairs that it had obtained

>>> consensus even when that was not the case.

>>> There are two appeals against that resource transfer policy proposal as

>>> we speak.

>>> In fact AFRINIC staff had warmed of the impact of such a dangerous

>>> policy proposal to our region as it does not address how AFRINIC resources

>>> shall be handled especially from Large members some of who are openly

>>> running IPv4 leasing and brokerage business out of the region and are major

>>> supporters of that resource transfer policy proposal.

>>> Staff impact analysis also showed the draft policy was incompatible with

>>> other RIR transfer policy and the way the draft policy handles legacy

>>> resources.

>>> So Indeed Fernando, this region must take a pause in light of all the

>>> insider dealings, misappropriation, IPv4 leasing and brokerage business

>>> dealings controversies and carefully re-examine all the Inter-RIR draft

>>> policy proposals before this very PDWG carefully as some of the DPP are

>>> very dangerous for our region.

>>> Cheers,

>>> Noah

*Erick Joshua L. Lagon*