[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 02:47:49 UTC 2021

Hello Ronald
Thanks for sharing the details.

Upon your message I went to search deeper into these details and found a
very concerning message you sent to AfNog list last December 2020 which
fair amount of details about the possible usage of A LOT of these
resources completely out of Africa Region -
https://afnog.org/pipermail/afnog/2020-December/004070.html
If you don't mind me asking a few questions about it could answer
someone else's doubts as well.

- How was this officially brought up to AfriNic staff ? Did you try to
use all possible official mechanisms let them know and initiate an
investigation ?

- If so have they let you know what would be done about it and what was
the status of it ?

- If there were any significant findings has AfriNic initiated a
revocation process for these resources ?

- Was there any case file in the court of Mauritius by any involved
parts ? If so what is the status ?

These findings are very concerning and if confirmed that all or most of
these resources are being used completely our of African continent a
AfriNic must have asked the resource holder to justify the usages of
these resources (which by the way can be done at ANY TIME, not just
during the initial allocation).

This type of event makes me thing that if AfriNic had already a
Inter-RIR Transfer Policy in place all these resources would already be
transferred permanently to another more liberal and little-rules RIRs.

Thanks
Fernando