[rpd] Last Call - RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03.

Sylvain Baya abscoco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:33:42 UTC 2021

Dear PDWG,

Hope you are well.

Please see my comments below, inline...

Le dimanche 4 juillet 2021, Anthony Ubah <ubah.tonyiyke at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi,

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your email, brother!

> [...]

> In line with Owen's argument [...] I'll repeat my old question: "When a

> "staff", or machines manned by a staff at afrinic "erroneously" caused

> service disruption, *who bears the final financial brunt for the

> consequences of everything that can go wrong with this policy. Afrinic? or *

...Policy Liaison Team, could you please refer this
concern to the Legal Team?

As you know, CPM section 3.4 states that Staff shall clarify issues raised
during activities of the PDWG:

<https://afrinic.net/policy/manual#PDP-Process>
~°~
[...]
AFRINIC shall also provide relevant facts and statistics if requested
during the discussion.
[...]
~°~

*resource owner?"*

...as the same cited guy usually says: there is no
such thing as owning integers. A phrase like
*Resource holder* might fit better to the context
of INRs registration service.

> This message from the AFRINIC Policy Liaison still conspicuously fails to

> address this issue. Closing our eyes to this doesn't mean it's not there,

> and definitely won't make it disappear.

...this seems to paint the Staff as ennemies.

They are part of this PDWG, if they make mistakes
or they miss something to address, it should be our
responsibility to point it out to them...it helps
enough to do it always with due respect.

> This policy may be a Nice-To-Have just like tobacco, but a trip down that

> slope is not as easy back up.

> There is a reason some other RIRs are rejecting it, and the region needs

> to know why.

...you know, the Internet Numbers Registry System
is open, global, but also decentralized. So that each
RIR service region has its own community which
adopt policies to solve their problems. Considering
that the scope of this DPP is only regional, then no
matter if all other RIRs' communities reject the
policy. The only RIR's community which might
adopt it would be locally responsible for its choices.

Shalom,
--sb.

> *Best Regards,*

> *Anthony Ubah *

> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 9:11 AM AFRINIC Policy Liaison <

> policy-liaison at afrinic.net> wrote:

>> * Dear PDWG, We have noted your concerns raised during the Last Call in

>> respect of RPKI ROAs for Unallocated and Unassigned AFRINIC Address Space

>> AFPUB-2019-GEN-006-DRAFT03, and we wish to assure you as follows: [...]*

Best Regards !
__
baya.sylvain[AT cmNOG DOT cm]|<https://cmnog.cm/dokuwiki/Structure>
__
#‎LASAINTEBIBLE‬|#‎Romains15‬:33«Que LE ‪#‎DIEU‬ de ‪#‎Paix‬ soit avec vous
tous! ‪#‎Amen‬!»
‪#‎MaPrière‬ est que tu naisses de nouveau. #Chrétiennement‬
«Comme une biche soupire après des courants d’eau, ainsi mon âme soupire
après TOI, ô DIEU!»(#Psaumes42:2)