[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sun Jul 4 10:53:27 UTC 2021

Hi Mimi,

On Sun, 4 Jul 2021, 13:36 Mimi dy, <dym5328 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Noah,

> As I stressed above, an AFRINIC member who provides internet connectivity

> within the AFRICAN region and helps maintain a stable and accessible

> internet,

I know resource members with ASN, IPv4 and IPv6 integers doing exactly what
you are describing above.

while also legitimately running a brokerage business,

They don't run brokerage business and the reason is because they requested
INR based on a need to number their own infrastcture and that of their
customers whom they provide a wide range of IP related services.

None of those service include IPv$ brokerage.

should not be subject to membership termination.

AFRINIC has publicly stated that they have never allocated IPv4 space to
members for the purpose of brokerage services which involves leasing as per
below link.

https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/community-discuss/2021-February/003907.html

That being said, AFRINIC might lose an active and efficient member that

> highly contributes to the development of the region.

Which member are you referring to?

Cheers