[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Sat Jul 3 21:06:37 UTC 2021

On Sat, 3 Jul 2021, 23:37 Wijdane Goubi, <goubi.wijdane at gmail.com> wrote:

> IP Leasing will be a more cost-effective option for organizations and

> businesses that require IPv4 immediately,

We rejected this idea back in 2008 in Rabat Morocco during the AFRINIC
meeting and here we go again.

there is an obvious reason for supporting IP Leasing, which is that

> purchasing an IPv4 is becoming more expensive, which may not be the best

> option for small businesses due to the cost of purchasing an IPv4. Large

> organizations, on the other hand, may find the cost of purchasing IPv4 to

> be reasonable, but leasing will remain an additional option for them,

> allowing them to be more flexible in their operations.

Your sales pitch is rather fascinating....

I mean, I spend my career building both small and large impactiful network
infrastructure and numbering them using IPv4 space allocated based on
justified need of providing a wide range of internet connectivity services,
hosting applications and naming etc.

So Widjane, should members whose business is to lease IPv4 space for 30USD
per IP be charged by AFRINIC, 20USD per IPv4 out of their total
allocation.?

Cheers,
Noah