[rpd] [Community-Discuss] Unaddressed queries by AFRINIC during AGMM

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Tue Jun 29 21:10:16 UTC 2021

In message <CF1BAB61-2242-4555-A96C-91E1903CCCC6 at delong.com>,
Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:

>I don't even oppose such a policy, personally, if that's

>what the community wants. I do think it would be short-sighted, likely

>unenforceable...

I believe that LACNIC has a policy that IP resources granted must be
deployed at least 50% within the region.

I am not aware of them having any special difficulties enforcing that.

There may be reasons, perhaps even good ones, why such a policy would
not be appropriate within the AFRINIC region, but "enforceability" or
the lack thereof would not seem gto be one of them.

Regards,
rfg